The original Blue Bonnets horse racing track built in 1872 near the present day Montreal Ouest train station. In 1886 the race track was cut in half by a new rail line and in 1907 a new Blue Bonnets was built on Decarie Blvd. The original was also often used for High Wheel cycle racing as well as meetings of the Montreal Bicycle Club.
The Race Track was a popular meeting place of the early Montreal Bicycle Club. For example the 1880 annual meeting which decided to join the League of American Wheelmen (The L.A.W.) was held at this race track.
The Race Track remained a popular destination for the club even after the track was split by the new rail line. The 1898 Minute Book records a meeting held near there at the Knapp's Hotel due to inclement weather the members traveled by the Montreal Park and Island Railway.